Thursday, May 31, 2012

ready, set, run!


People, I have started running!

This means multiple runs each week and a long run on the weekend. Team In Training has a group run each weekend for our long runs. For those of you who are sane (i.e. not runners), long runs are the longest distance that a trainee will run each week. The runs start off at a low distance and increase by one mile each week. For example, last week I ran four miles, this week I will run five and so on and so forth.

I am so thankful for the group runs. Running long distances by yourself can be really boring. Running with others can make the distance seem not as long and it’s great to have a group of runners to rely on for motivation.

Speaking of motivation…You know what else is motivational? You! I’m just getting started and the support that I have received already is so amazing that it’s overwhelming in the best possible way. I feel so loved!

Two days ago a dear friend of mine surprised me when she announced that she purchased a flight to San Francisco so she can cheer me on as I run my first marathon. The marathon is in October. That's four and a half months away and she already bought her flight! Her faith in my abilities runs so deep that she simply refuses to acknowledge the possibility of failure. 

Furthermore, another good friend of mine recently said to me "JJ, this is important to you, so it's important to me." Wow. How did I become so lucky to have so many amazing people in my life?

Thank you to those who have donated already and a major shout out to my Uncle Danny who made a VERY generous donation. I am already close to reaching 10% of my goal - just from donations alone! You guys rock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment