Friday, June 1, 2012

yes you can!


People, I had a brilliant idea yesterday! Ok, brilliant might be an exaggeration but I promise that it’s a good one.

What is this brilliant idea you ask? Cans for Cancer!

Cans for Cancer is a way that everyone can help fight cancer without spending any money. Bonus: you also help the environment! Now that's what I call a win-win situation!

Here are the deets: I will be collecting aluminum cans (beer, pop, etc.) from June through September.  At the end of September I will take the collected cans to a scrap yard and donate the profits to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 

I told you it was a great idea!

Over the next few months there will be numerous parties, tailgates and lots of drinking! I ask that you save the aluminum cans that you come across while indulging in the summer fun. If you need bags for the cans I can provide you with blue recycling bags and I can pick up the cans (if you’re within reasonable driving distance). If you’re not close to the Pittsburgh area or live out of state you can still participate. Simply cash in the cans you collect (or bottles if you’re in a state that refunds them) and send me a check for the amount. Yay everyone can participate!

So go ahead and indulge this summer. After all it’s for a good cause!


1 comment: